With the festive season approaching very fast, and the better social summer weather, everyone enjoys going out to catch up with friends and family.
And let’s not forget Christmas breakfast’s, lunches and dinners or the massive spread that’s put on for New Year celebrations! So your dentures will get a workout, and if you have a new set, it’s understandable if you’re a little nervous.
- Cutting your food into smaller pieces or into thin strips will make it easier to chew
- Use both sides of your mouth to chew
- Eat softer foods like scrambled eggs, smoothies, fully cooked pasta, cooked vegetables, fish and soups to begin with as you get used to your dentures.
- Brush dentures daily: using a soft-bristled brush and hand soap
- Soak dentures daily: using a denture cleaning solution
- May be necessary to leave your dentures out overnight
- Visit your dentist or prosthetist regularly: to make sure your denture fits correctly